You park your car in the driveway and you still have to work on your
projects in the back yard. If you don’t use your garage for
its designed purpose, why not turn it into a tidy workshop?
Here are five steps to turn your garage in a perfect small home
- Create your own workbench from an old door, some
sawhorses or scrap wood.
- Mount a pegboard on the wall to store your tools. It would be
a great idea to mount it above your workbench. Strategically
place pegs according to the type of tools you will be placing on
the board. After hanging your tools, trace around them with a
marker so you will know where each one goes.
- Use old jars for holding nails, nuts, bolts and screws.
- Make a storage box for the rags because they tend to accumulate
in the working area.
- Use a small tackle box for transporting items such as screws and
nails as you move around the shop.